We respect and protect your privacy. In the following General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we would like to give you an overview of which data is collected and processed for which purpose. We also inform you about your rights.
Data processing on this website is carried out by the website operator. The responsible party is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data (e.g., names, e-mail addresses, etc.).
Urban Ray GmbH
+49 152 23294467
Gut-Knapp-Straße 6-14, 52080 Aachen, Germany
When we process personal information, it means that we collect, store, use, transmit or delete it.
Such is the personal data of:
• interested parties, customers, investors, or employees of Urban Ray GmbH who appear to be natural persons
• all other natural persons who are in contact with us, e.g., representatives of legal
• visitors to our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn page
What personal data do we collect from you?
We collect personal information from you when you contact us, e.g., as an interested party, customer, or investor.
This means in particular:
• you are interested in our offers,
• you have contacted us through our website form,
• you have contacted us via email or phone call,
• you have signed for our newsletter,
• you already use our products and services in the framework of an existing business relationship,
• we already use your products and services in the framework of an existing business relationship
We process the following personal data:
• personal contact data, full name, address, email address, phone number
• personal contact data, full name, address, email address, phone number if you are a legal representative of the employee;
• payment information;
• information about your interests and wishes which you tell us about: e.g., via our customer dialogue or our website.
Data we receive over the Internet
• General retrievable data/log files: For technical reasons, every time a website is accessed, data is transmitted from your computer to us, such as the date and time of you visiting one of our pages, your browser type, the browser settings, and the operating system, the last page you visited, the amount of data transmitted and the access status (file transfer, file not found, etc.). This data is considered to be regular non-personal data. In addition, however, your computer usually also sends us your IP address, which in individual cases may be personal. We use the log file data solely to ensure the functionality of our services (such as failure analysis, system security, and protection against misuse).
• Details of your IP address: Your IP address, which in many cases is sent to us, is a globally valid identifier of your computer that is unique at the time of assignment by your internet service provider. An IP address consists of four numbered blocks separated by dots. In most cases, you as a private user will not use a consistent IP address, since you will only be assigned this temporarily by your provider (so-called “dynamic IP address“). Your provider can sort out which IP address was assigned to which of its clients at what time. For other people, including us, the recording of the assignment of a dynamic IP address to a specific person is usually not possible. This is different only in the case of a permanently assigned IP address (so-called “static IP address“), which in principle makes possible a clear assignment of the user data via this feature. Except for the purpose of tracking unauthorized access to our offer on the Internet, we generally consider this data to be non-personal, but evaluate it only on an anonymous basis, to detect which of our sites are favored, and how many accesses are made daily, and the like.
Statistics Assessment Tools
For individual services of our enterprise, we collect additional data. These are partially used for statistical purposes. For example, it shows how often our pages are accessed so we can graph out the basics for our media data. In addition, we also want to get an overview of our online offers which are particularly in demand.
Plugins are offers from third-party companies such as Facebook. They help you to connect to these providers. Sometimes only data about the browser performance is transmitted. However, if you actively use plugins (for example, within your Google profile), this information will also be transferred. Below you can find out more about the individual plugins:
• Visitor Analytics
This website uses Visitor Analytics (www.visitor-analytics.io). Visitor Analytics is a simple website analytics service that measures the traffic on our website and website visitors' general details. We collect statistics like which pages visitors visit and when, where they are approximately located, where they land first, or if they are coming from a specific referral, to make our website visitors' experience better.
As a website operator using Visitor Analytics, we process information about our visitors' device type and screen size/resolution, approximate location, browser, OS, IPs, page visits, bounce rate, conversions, conversion funnels, average sessions per visitor, average pages per session, average session duration, time spent on the website and preferably visited content on the website. All this data is pseudonymized and Visitor Analytics will not use the collected data to identify individual users or to match the data with additional information on an individual user.
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users. Follow this link to opt-out or opt-in: https://www.visitor-analytics.io/en/support/legal-data-privacy-certificates/wix-integration/opt-out-do-not-track-dnt/
If you would like to receive the newsletter offered on the website, we require an email address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the email address provided and that you agree to receive the newsletter. Further data is not collected or only on a voluntary basis. For the handling of the newsletter, we use newsletter service providers, which are described below.
This website uses the services of MailChimp to send out its newsletters. The provider is the Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
Among other things, MailChimp is a service that can be deployed to organize and analyze the sending of newsletters. Whenever you enter data for the purpose of subscribing to a newsletter (e.g. your email address), the information is stored on MailChimp servers in the United States. With the assistance of the MailChimp tool, we can analyze the performance of our newsletter campaigns. If you open an email that has been sent through the MailChimp tool, a file that has been integrated into the email (a so-called web beacon) connects to MailChimp’s servers in the United States. As a result, it can be determined whether a newsletter message has been opened and which links the recipient possibly clicked on. Technical information is also recorded at that time (e.g. the time of access, the IP address, the type of browser and the operating system). This information cannot be allocated to the respective newsletter recipient. Their sole purpose is the performance of statistical analyses of newsletter campaigns. The results of such analyses can be used to tailor future newsletters to the interests of their recipients more effectively.
If you do not want to permit an analysis by MailChimp, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter. We provide a link for you to do this in every newsletter message. The data is processed based on your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR). You may revoke any consent you have given at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter. This shall be without prejudice to the lawfulness of any data processing transactions that have taken place prior to your revocation. The data deposited with us for the purpose of subscribing to the newsletter will be stored by us until you unsubscribe from the newsletter or the newsletter service provider and deleted from the newsletter distribution list after you unsubscribe from the newsletter. Data stored for other purposes with us remain unaffected. Data transmission to the US is based on the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) of the European Commission. Details can be found here: https://mailchimp.com/eu-us-data-transfer-statement/ and https://mailchimp.com/legal/data-processing-addendum/#Annex_C_-_Standard_Contractual_Clauses.
After you unsubscribe from the newsletter distribution list, your email address may be stored by us or the newsletter service provider in a blacklist to prevent future mailings. The data from the blacklist is used only for this purpose and not merged with other data. This serves both your interest and our interest in complying with the legal requirements when sending newsletters (legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR). The storage in the blacklist is indefinite. You may object to the storage if your interests outweigh our legitimate interest. For more details, please consult the Data Privacy Policies of MailChimp at: https://mailchimp.com/legal/terms/.
To ensure data protection-compliant processing, we have concluded an order processing contract with the above-mentioned provider.
Embedded videos from YouTube
• On some of our websites, we embed videos from YouTube. The corresponding plug-ins are operated from YouTube main office, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit a page with the YouTube plug-in, YouTube starts a connection to its servers. It acts as a recommendation signal for YouTube as to which pages you search for. If you are logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube may personally associate your browsing behavior with your previous actions. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account prior to that.
Embedded Google Maps
• On our website the map service Google Maps is connected via an API. The provider of the service is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. In order to use the features of Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is typically transmitted and stored at Google servers in the United States. As merely a provider of access to this site, we have no influence on the data transmission.
• We use Google Maps on our websites to present our offers in an appealing way and to present the exact location of our products to you (legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f of GDPR).
Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. The Google Fonts are installed locally. There is no connection to Google servers.
On our website, we use a contact form. The purpose is to be able to communicate your request to us in a structured way.
We comply with GDPR as set by the EU regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data in our recruitment processes. By ‘we’ we are referring to the company Urban Ray GmbH, Gut-Knapp-Straße 6-14 in 52080 Aachen (Germany). Here's how we use your info:
We collect your information to deal with your application to Urban Ray, and also to consider you for any other job positions we may need to cover. We do it so we can review how suitable you are for the role, as well as to assess your personal and professional skills. By applying, you're saying you are happy for us to do that, so the legal basis for the processing is your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent, to access, rectify, restrict, object and erase (“right to be forgotten”) your personal data, as well as to exercise the portability right on said data. To do this, contact email@example.com. Let us know if you change any of your personal details, like your email.
We might keep the info you provide for up to 2 years. If you are hired, we will keep hold of the info as you will be here and it might be useful. You can unsubscribe from our recruitment database at any time. Just drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We follow all security measures related to GDPR, and we will only share your data with service providers that help us out in managing our systems or carrying out the review of candidates. In said cases, your data may be transferred outside the European Union, in which case we will rely on the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission. You can always contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Internet sites at social media providers
Our websites on social media platforms serve to provide users as well as customers and prospects with information about our services and offers. The social networks are also deemed a forum for communication between users and Urban Ray.
When you visit our social media sites, personal information will be shared with the social network providers. Please note that this data will not be stored and processed outside the European Union. This results in a different legal situation as regulated by the GDPR. Providers who have joined the US-EU Privacy Shield Agreement are committed to respecting the privacy principles set out in the GDPR. Your data is generally used by social network operators for market research and promotional purposes. Your behavior on the Internet can be used to define your interests and create profiles that serve the purpose of presenting the user with, for example, customized advertisements inside and outside the network. For this purpose, so-called cookies are stored by the user’s browser. These are small text files that can be deleted using the browser settings. In addition, further data can be stored in the user profiles, especially if the user has an account with the respective social media platform and is logged in. The legal basis for the storage and processing of personal data is legitimate interest in providing useful information for customers and interested parties, as well as communication with users within the context of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. If you have an account, the operators of the social media platforms allow you to make individual privacy settings. All information regarding the storage and processing of your data and the contradictory possibilities can be found on the pages of the respective providers, which are listed below. The respective network provider is responsible for answering questions and the assertion of user rights in the context of social media platforms and their providers
We are represented on the following social media platforms:
Facebook Ireland Ltd.
4 Grand Canal Square
Grand Canal Harbour
Dublin 2, Ireland
Data protection: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
1601 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Data protection/opt-out: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
Twitter International Company
One Cumberland Place
Fenian Street Dublin 2, D02 AX07, Ireland
Data protection/opt-out: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company
Dublin 2, Ireland
Email Data Protection Officer: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
Data protection: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
Note on data transfer to the USA and other third countries
• Fulfilment of contractual or pre-contractual obligations (Article 6 (1b) GDPR)
We use your data to fulfill contractual obligations so that you can become familiar with our products and services. In order to fulfill our contractual obligations or requests for quotations, we must process your data. This also applies to pre-contractual information that you provide us within the context of applications or pre-contractual negotiations. The purpose of the data processing depends on which of our products or services you use. To execute the contract we need your name, address, email address, and your telephone number in order to contact you.
• Balance of interests (Article 6 1f GDPR)
If necessary, we process your data beyond the actual fulfillment of the contract for the protection of legitimate interests of us or third parties. For example:
• Review and optimization of requirements for analysis procedures and direct customer approach
• Advertising, market research, and measuring the efficiency of marketing activities unless you have objected to the use of your data
• Asserting legal claims and defense in legal disputes
• Ensuring the IT security and IT needs of Urban Ray GmbH
• Identification of the popularity of our offers
• Prevention and investigation of criminal offenses
• Measures for building security and access control
• Measures to ensure the rights of the building owner
• Measures for business management and further development of services and products
• Risk management
• We also need your personal information in order to provide you with relevant products and services, to fulfill your wishes or to improve our services. Your individual needs are important to us. We try to give you the information that best suits your needs. The aim of this processing is to offer you personalized suggestions (generated after weighing up your interests). Important: You can object to this form of personalization at any time.
• Balance of interests (Article 6 1f GDPR)
If necessary, we process your data beyond the actual fulfillment of the contract for the protection of legitimate interests of us or third parties. For example:
• Data processing with your consent (Article 6 (1a) GDPR)
If you have consented to the processing of your personal data for specific purposes, the processing of such data shall be considered legal. You can revoke your consent at any time. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent that you have submitted to us before the validity of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), i.e., before 25/05/18. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the data processed before the revocation.
• Due to legal requirements (Art.6 Abs. 1c GDPR) or in the public interest (Art.6 Abs. 1e GDPR)
As Urban Ray GmbH we are subject to numerous legal obligations (e.g., commercial law, tax laws). Due to these laws, we are committed to storing data and publishing it in certain cases.
Where do we store your data and why?
• We receive your data from you
• We receive your information when you visit our social media sites
This website is hosted by an external service provider (hoster). The personal data collected on this website is stored on the hoster's servers. This may include IP addresses, contact requests, meta and communication data, contract data, contact data, names, website accesses, and other data generated via a website.
The hoster is used for the purpose of fulfilling contracts with our potential and existing customers (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR) and in the interest of a secure, fast, and efficient provision of our online offer by a professional provider (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR).
Our hoster will only process your data to the extent necessary to fulfill its service obligations and follow our instructions regarding this data.
We use the following hoster:
66606 St. Wendel,
To ensure data protection-compliant processing, we have concluded an order processing contract with our hoster.
Who receives your data and why?
Within Urban Ray GmbH, only those officers gain access to your data, who need it to safeguard our legitimate interests or to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations.
Outside of Urban Ray GmbH, we may only transfer your data if required by law or if you have given your consent. To carry out your request or order, it is necessary to transfer your data to a number of locations, in particular:
• We only transfer your data to third parties (for example, to external providers such as service providers or credit institutions for payment processing), provided that a data protection & transmission law of a respective authority exists.
• Your data may also be transferred by us to external service providers, e.g., IT service providers, companies that destroy or archive data, and print service providers), which support us in data processing as part of processing in a strictly order-based manner.
• Data processing can also take place outside the EU or the EES. As a suitable guarantee for the lawfulness of these data transmissions we have concluded other Standard EU contracts with the processor, due to, Art. 46 para. 2 lit. c GDPR.
• We will not sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties.
A legal obligation to forward your personal data to external parties is particularly relevant for the following recipients:
• Public authorities, supervisory authorities, and bodies, such as tax authorities and Courts
• Lawyers and notaries, e. g. in case of late payment
• Auditors, Tax Consultants
In all these cases, we ensure that third parties only have access to personal data that is necessary for the performance of individual tasks. In addition, we make sure that third parties comply with industry-specific best practices and that the data of third parties is handled securely and confidentially and used only for the purposes we have identified.
For third parties outside the European Economic Space (EES), the protection of personal data is handled differently from in the EES. In such cases, we take precautionary measures (such as special contract clauses) to ensure that your personal information is treated with the same care as in the EES.
Very important: Under no circumstances will we sell personal information to third parties.
We are eager to respond to all your questions as soon as possible. However, sometimes it can take up to a month before you get an answer from us, as long as it is legally possible. Of course, if it takes more than a month to respond, we will tell you in advance how long it will take.
In some cases, we may or may not give you any information. In so far as this is legally possible, we will always inform you promptly about the reason for the refusal. You have the right to file a complaint.
What rights do you have as an interested party or customer of Urban Ray GmbH when it comes to the processing of your data (details can be found in the respective provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (Articles 15-21))?
Your right to access data, information, and its rectification
You can request access to information about your personal data processed by us. If your details are no longer correct, you can request a correction. If your data is incomplete, you can request a completion. If we have shared your information with third parties, we will inform those third parties of your correction – if required by law.
Your right to delete your personal data
You may request the immediate deletion of your personal data for the following reasons:
• If your personal information is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected
• If you revoke your consent and there is no other legal basis present
• If you object to processing and there are no overriding reasons for processing worthy of protection
• If your personal information has been processed unlawfully
• If your personal information needs to be deleted to comply with legal requirements
Please note that a claim for cancellation depends on whether there is a legitimate reason for processing the data.
Your right to restrict the processing of your personal data
You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data for one of the following reasons:
• If the accuracy of your personal information is disputed by you and we had the opportunity to verify the accuracy
• If the processing is not lawful and you require a restriction of use instead of a deletion
• If we no longer need your information for processing purposes, you may need it for assertion, exercise, or defense against legal claims
• If you have objected, as long as it is not decided that your interests prevail
Your right to object
We may process your data on the basis of legitimate interest or in the public interest. In these cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your data. This also applies if we use your data for our direct mail. Please note our separate note "Information about your right of objection”.
Your right to complain
In some cases, you may not be satisfied with our response to your concerns. Then you are entitled to file a complaint to the management of Urban Ray GmbH as well as to the responsible data protection supervisory authority.
Your right to data portability
You have the right to receive personally identifiable information you have given us in a portable format.
Are you obliged to give Urban Ray GmbH certain personal data?
As part of our business relationship, we require the following personal data from you:
• data that is needed to start and conduct the business relationship
• data that is necessary for the fulfillment of the contractual obligations associated with the business relationship
• data that we are legally obliged to collect
Without this personal information, we generally will not be able to contract with you or allow you to use our services.
How long do we store your data?
We do not store your data longer than we need it for the respective processing purposes.
If the data is no longer required for the fulfillment of contractual or legal obligations, these are regularly deleted, unless their temporary storage is still necessary. Reasons for this can be the following (examples):
• fulfillment of commercial and tax retention requirements. the statutory retention period is up to 10 years.
• receipt of evidence for legal disputes within the framework of the statutory limitation regulations. civil law periods of limitation may be up to 30 years, whereby the regular limitation period is three years.
Information about your right of objection according to Art. 21 GDPR
Case-specific right of objection
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for reasons that arise from your particular situation. The prerequisite for this is that the data processing takes place in the public interest or on the basis of a balance of interests.
In the event of an objection, we will no longer process your personal data. Unless we can provide compelling legitimate grounds for processing this data that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms – or your personal data serves the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Objection to the processing of your data via our direct mail
We use your personal data for our direct mailing. You have the right to object to this at any time. In the event of an objection, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
The objection can be made form-free and should be addressed as soon as possible to: